Tuesday, 23 September 2014

TRAVEL DIARIES: DANSHUI

Friday called for a trip to a place that was on my 'to go' list, that being Dan Shui. It was a place that I wasn't too familiar with as it had been so long since I last went. What I did remember though were the 30cm ice creams that I recall being super delicious (turns out it was horrible and dripped all over me which was not nice in humid conditions) and the cute panda balloons which I was on the look out for. Unfortunately we chose the wrong day to go to this beautiful place as it pretty much rained all day, however I think we made the most of it and had an amazing day to say the least. 
It decided to rain just as we arrived so obviously we had to hibernate inside, McDonalds that is, and wait until the rain stopped. The rain finally stopped after too many hours of waiting around and we left the place before we could change our minds. The grey clouds began to clear at around 5pm, just two hours before the sun would set and needless to say I was so ready to sit back and watch the sun die down. We took our time, relaxed, ate till our tummies were full, and explored every corner of Dan Shui. We sat in Starbucks to relax and enjoy the scenery after a few hours of exploring the place (and taking lots of photos too of course). Sipping my favourite mango passionfruit drink from the balcony, the sky began to turn to different hues of pinks, blues and oranges. I can't even describe how wonderful the view was, these pictures don't do it any justice at all! We sat there taking in every moment until we could only see the dark clouds hovering over the water. Sadly it rained heavily again which was our cue to head home but it was honestly one of my highlights of the trip and I can't wait to go there again. 

find me elsewhere: BLOGLOVIN TWITTER INSTAGRAM

14 comments :

  1. So good this pics, love love.

    http://freedmode.blogspot.fr/
    See you soon
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, these photos are seriously all so beautiful! x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer that it rained the whole time :( But at least you got in some cool photos :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are really amazing and I find it interesting because I have never been anywhere like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a nice blog! I love all your pict <3

    nataliegasm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww this place looks wonderful and you take amazing picture absolutely stunning (: x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pics!

    http://finddyourway.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! Your mango passionfruit drink sounds so amazing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are beautiful. It looks like an amazing place to visit.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your pictures are stunning. I love that last one. Dan Shui looks lovely! Danielle x

    frontière girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this post, the photography is stunning :)
    - C
    Claudine Converses

    ReplyDelete