Sunday, 5 April 2015

ART

As a bigger lover of contemporary art, I like to visit galleries during my free time, with my favourites being the Saatchi Gallery and the Tate. The best thing about them is that they're both free, although there are usually exhibitions in the Tate that require a small fee. My favourite exhibition to date has been by the works of Yayoi Kusama in the Tate, where there was a dark room filled with mirrors and lights, giving the illusion that the room carried on for hundreds and hundreds of metres.
I actually went to the Saatchi gallery with my sis a week or two ago to see their new exhibition focusing on Africa and Latin America. It was definitely a nice change from the previous one seeing as I had already been three times already and was eagerly waiting for something new to come about! Lots of vibrant colours popped up; I was greeted by a room full of blue carrier bags piled on top of each other and lots of brightly coloured canvases but there were also works that were simple but just as beautiful!
Definitely check these places out if you're ever feeling bored/ want to explore London. It's a great way to save the pennies and take in a new perspective of art!

THE SAATCHI GALLERY



THE TATE MODERN

8 comments :

  1. Awesome!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. where are pics of me???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love visiting are galleries, so relaxing! these photos turn out so beautiful x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice lovely ang awesome.

    http://freedmode.blogspot.fr/
    See you soon on my blog
    you can follow me on instagram
    kISSES

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely post, I find visiting galleries and museums very interesting too, they not only show you the artist's work but also you get to know more about them and what's even better is if they're free :) I wish I lived in London because I'd be in that museum in a heartbeat..just looking through your photos totally makes me want to view them in person <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pieces of art! I wish I could travel to see these galleries!

    outfitsandobservations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to any of these places! I should really take time to visit, thanks for sharing!

    Characters & Carry-ons

    ReplyDelete