Wednesday, 8 March 2017

TRAVEL DIAIRES | HIGASHIYAMA

Here is the last of the Japan travel guides: Higashiyama. It is one of the city's best preserved historic districts where the shallow steps and wooden buildings invoke a feeling of the old capital.  We arrived just before the temple closed so sadly didn't have enough time to visit it however it was amazing to get a different vibe of Kyoto and see so many tourists dressed in kimonos taking pictures on every corner of the street; hats off to them for getting through the frosty temperatures whilst I was wrapped up in my puffy jacket trying to stay in the warmth. Japan has so much to offer; the most amazing sushi and food in general, lots of new culture, beautiful views, countless temples and castles and the list goes on. Although the Japan diaries have come to an end, I have a Taiwan post lined up so stay tuned!

10 comments :

  1. I'm honestly so stunned. Your pictures and your blog content is absolutely beautiful, I'm really jealous that you're in japan as well. Care to take me with you? Also I'm very excited about your Taiwan diary, wish you the best Mary! <3

    rusikvale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all your photos. It's so beautiful. I wish I can travel to Higashiyama, Japan one day soon. This place remind me about Kyoto and Kobe, Japan.

    nina-neulrin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, Mary! The kimonos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your photos are incredibly beautiful! These shots that you captured all look great.

    Kathryn • simplykk.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a fascinating my place and so beautiful <3

    G is for Gingers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I love Japan! we keep talking about how we should just move there

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these photos and can't wait to read your Taiwan diary!

    ReplyDelete